Prepare for your exchange

The cost of an exchange

You must pay the tuition fees and general expenses of your home institution before arriving in Canada.

Health insurance and other expenses

You must pay for expenses related to housing, food, travel and other required expenses, including a transit pass (U-Pass) and enrolment in the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP). This plan is mandatory, without exception, for all students who participate in an exchange program, even if you have already taken out insurance in your home country.

Study permit

You must get a study permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to study in Canada, in most cases.

Before applying for a study permit, you must have been accepted by Saint Paul University.