Giving FAQs

Can I make a donation online?

Yes, click here.

What is the easiest way to give?

If you have made the decision to give to Saint Paul University, making a donation by cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard or American Express is a convenient route.

We do not recommend sending cash through the mail. Cash donations may be dropped off at the following location:

Saint Paul University
Alumni and Development Office
Laframboise Hall, Room 187
223 Main Street
Ottawa, ON

To facilitate a donation by cheque or credit card, please feel free to print our donation form. Completed forms can be faxed to 613-782-3033 or mailed to

Saint Paul University
Alumni and Development Office
223 Main Street
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1S 1C4

Do you have an automatic monthly giving program?

Yes. More and more supporters appreciate the convenience of monthly giving and knowing that their support throughout the year helps us in our planning. You can make automatic monthly pledges by calling Saint Paul toll-free at 1-800-637-6859 or 613-236-1493, ext. 2009, or click here for our printable form.

How else can I make a gift to Saint Paul University?

Saint Paul University offers great flexibility in the ways you can choose to donate. Simply select a link below to be directed to more information.

Gifts of Stocks, Bonds, or Mutual Funds

Gifts of Real Estate, Books, Manuscripts and Art

Planned Giving, such as bequests, life insurance, retirement funds, and more

Can I make a pledge over a number of months or years?

Absolutely! Saint Paul University would be pleased to accept a gift with payments spread over up to five years in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual payments. Monthly donations can be accommodated only if you choose to donate by credit card or pre-authorized chequing. One receipt will be issued at year-end, rather than one per installment.

Will I receive a receipt for my gift/pledge to Saint Paul University?

Official gift receipts are issued for contributions over $20. The receipting process for one-time donations generally takes approximately two weeks. For pledges (gifts with multiple installments) made by credit card or pre-authorized chequing, one receipt will be issued at year-end, rather than one per installment.

What are the tax benefits of my gift?

Your charitable donation to Saint Paul University is tax creditable. Calculate your tax credits using CRA's online tax calculator. (Applicable to Canadian tax filers only.)

What is Saint Paul University's Charitable Registration Number?

Our number is: 10816 1282 RR 0001

Where can I direct my gift?

You can direct your gift to the area that means the most to you. This could be a faculty, a centre, a Chair, a department, the Library, a program, a scholarship or bursary fund.

How do I learn about the priority projects of Saint Paul University and my faculty?

Please contact the Alumni and Development office to discuss priority projects.

613-236-1393, ext. 2009
Toll-free: 1-800-637-6859 

Will my company match my gift to Saint Paul University?

More than 500 companies Canada-wide match gifts made by employees and retirees to their alma mater. Please check with your HR or personnel department to find out if your employer has a matching gift program. Then all you have to do is fill out a matching gift claim form and mail it to us along with your donation. To find out more about this great program, please visit our Matching Gifts page.

I live overseas. Can I make a gift?

Certainly! Saint Paul University accepts donations from around the world. For more information on how to make your gift, click here.

How can I give in my will?

We will be happy to provide you with all of the information you need. Please click here, where you can read more about Bequests.

Can I set up a scholarship or bursary fund in my name, or that of a loved one?

Yes, you can establish an endowed fund with a minimum donation of $20,000. Please see our policy on endowed funds.  For more information, please contact Melissa Mulumba at 613-236-1393, ext. 2009, or 1-800-637-6859, ext. 2009.

Can I designate some of my RRSPs to the University as a gift?

Naming the University as primary, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement plan while at the same time reaping tax benefits is easier than ever. If you would like to learn more about making a gift of RRSPs/RRIFs to Saint Paul University, please contact the Development office

Each gift has an impact

down Make a Gift