Theology - Eastern Christian Studies (B.Th.) (Honours Bachelor)Download the program description (PDF)
Saint Paul is proud to be the home of the Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies. This Institute is named after the primate of the Ukrainian Catholic Church, Andrey Sheptytsky (1865-1944), who dedicated his life to the furthering of East-West understanding and rapprochement between the Orthodox and Catholic Churches.
The Sheptytsky Institute specializes in Eastern Christian Studies, with special but not exclusive emphasis on the tradition of the Church of Kyiv. Its main interests lie in the fields of theology, spirituality, history, and ecclesial polity of the Eastern Churches, both Orthodox and Catholic. The Institute studies all four families of Eastern Churches: Eastern Orthodox, Pre-Chalcedonian, Assyrian and Eastern Catholic.
A student enrolled in the Eastern Christian Studies Honours Bachelor may add a complimentary minor in Conflict Studies, Group Intervention and Leadership, Philosophical Theology, Philosophy or Social Communication providing an additional 9 credits.
*The foundational courses are a compulsory part of every bachelor’s degree program offered at Saint Paul University.
What you’ll learn
During your studies you will acquire a sound basic knowledge of a range of research areas in theology: sacred scripture, Church history, ethics, systematic theology and Church practice. You will also reflect on the major issues facing our society and the Church today.
Why choose Saint Paul University?
- For its small class sizes and close student-teacher ratio
- For its safe, secure and friendly campus with personalized services
- For its bilingual setting in the heart of the national capital
- For its diverse student population and international vision
- For its solid reputation, experience, history and Catholic tradition
- Attendant for the elderly
- Community or not-for-profit organization worker
- Ordained minister
- Pastoral agent in a school, hospital or prison setting
- Pastoral associate
- Youth development worker
- Youth minister
- Youth services worker
Click here to find out more about Admission Scholarships at Saint Paul University.
Other programs that may interest you