Theology (B.Th.) (Honours Bachelor)Download the program description (PDF)
Theology is the study of the nature of God and religious belief based on Catholic writings and tradition. The Theology program encourages students to develop a critical approach to the problems and challenges facing modern society while upholding and respecting the Catholic intellectual tradition.
The Faculty of Theology offers civil and ecclesiastical programs suitable as a preparation both for various ministries and for graduate research in theology.
In addition to the foundational courses,* the Theology undergraduate program opens the door to a solid understanding of Christian faith and how to integrate it into daily life through courses in theology and philosophy. Students are also given an opportunity to explore specific subjects in greater depth.
A student enrolled in theTheology program may add a complimentary minor in Conflict Studies, Group Intervention and Leadership, Philosophical Theology, Philosophy or Social Communication providing an additional 9 credits.
*The foundational courses are a compulsory part of every bachelor’s degree program offered at Saint Paul University.
What you’ll learn
During your studies you will acquire a sound basic knowledge of a range of research areas in theology: sacred scripture, Church history, ethics, systematic theology and Church practice. You will also reflect on the major issues facing our society and the Church today.
Why choose Saint Paul University?
- For its small class sizes and close student-teacher ratio
- For its safe, secure and friendly campus with personalized services
- For its bilingual setting in the heart of the national capital
- For its diverse student population and international vision
- For its solid reputation, experience, history and Catholic tradition
- Attendant for the elderly
- Community or not-for-profit organization worker
- Ordained minister
- Pastoral agent in a school, hospital or prison setting
- Pastoral associate
- Youth development worker
- Youth minister
- Youth services worker
Click here to find out more about Admission Scholarships at Saint Paul University.
Other programs that may interest you