Theology - Anglican Studies (B.Th.) (Honours Bachelor)Download the program description (PDF)
The Anglican Studies Program was established by the Faculty of Theology at Saint Paul University in 1981 in order to prepare candidates for both lay and ordained ministries in the Anglican Church through university-level theological formation. While the formation of postulants for ordination remains integral to the Anglican Studies Program, many other Anglicans from the Diocese of Ottawa and beyond find themselves at the University.
The Anglican Studies Program belongs to the network of Anglican colleges and universities of Canada, and is a member of the Ontario Provincial Commission on Theological Education (Anglican Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario).
A student enrolled in the Anglican Studies Honours Bachelor may add a complimentary minor in Conflict Studies, Group Intervention and Leadership, Human Relations and Spirituality, Philosophical Theology, Philosophy, Private and Public Ethics or Social Communication providing an additional 9 credits.
*The foundational courses are a compulsory part of every bachelor’s degree program offered at Saint Paul University.
What you’ll learn
During your studies you will acquire a sound basic knowledge of a range of research areas in theology: sacred scripture, Church history, ethics, systematic theology and Church practice. You will also reflect on the major issues facing our society and the Church today.
Why choose Saint Paul University?
- For its small class sizes and close student-teacher ratio
- For its safe, secure and friendly campus with personalized services
- For its bilingual setting in the heart of the national capital
- For its diverse student population and international vision
- For its solid reputation, experience, history and Catholic tradition
- Attendant for the elderly
- Community or not-for-profit organization worker
- Ordained minister
- Pastoral agent in a school, hospital or prison setting
- Pastoral associate
- Youth development worker
- Youth minister
- Youth services worker
Click here to find out more about Admission Scholarships at Saint Paul University.
Other programs that may interest you