Ethics (Theology)Download the minor description (PDF)
Compulsory courses (15 credits)
- THO2147 Selected Topics in Ethics I
- THO2189 Introduction to Theology
- THO2316 Religion, Culture, and Diversity
- THO2317 Religious Imagination and History
3 credits from:
- THO1306 Exploring the Sacred
- THO1307 Understanding the Bible
Note that a student who chooses THO1306 within this minor must take THO1307 within the core curriculum of a bachelor degree, or vice-versa.
Optional Courses (15 credits)
15 credits from:
- THO3155 Selected Topics in Ethics II
- THO3168 Christian Spirituality
- THO3176 Theology of Marriage
- THO3308 Patristic Moral Tradition
- THO3309 Contemporary Moral Issues in Eastern Theology
- THO3313 Selected Topics in the Moral Tradition of the Christian East II
- THO3314 Selected Topics in Moral Theology from Eastern and Western Perspectives
- THO3324 Introduction to Eastern Christian Ethics
- THO4104 Sexual Ethics
- THO4105 Social and Political Ethics
- THO4106 Bioethics
- THO4107 Humanity: Creature and Creator
- THO4108 Grace and Christian Existence
- THO4109 Sin and the Question of Evil
- THO4124 Feminist Ethics
- THO4127 Economics and Ethics
- PHI3183 Moral Philosophy
- or other courses approved by the Faculty of Theology.
Some courses have specific prerequisites.
A course that is part of a bachelor degree or a major cannot count as an optional course toward a minor.