Ethics (Theology) (Honours Bachelor of Arts with Major)Download the program description (PDF)
Ethics is the branch of study that deals with human behaviour, values and standards. In Theology, ethics explores these issues in a faith-based context in accordance with Christian and Catholic tradition.
Offered by the Faculty of Theology, the Ethics (Theology) undergraduate program fosters basic ethical reflection and a theological approach to various fields, including bioethics, sexual ethics, public ethics, business ethics and labour ethics. The program allows students to address current ethical issues using core theological values and considerations.
In addition to the foundational courses,* the program provides students with basic knowledge through courses in theology, philosophy and ethics. Students are also given an opportunity to explore specific areas in greater depth.
A student enrolled in the Ethics (Theology) program (Honours Bachelor of Arts with Major) must declare a major or a minor. A student may declare a major in either Social Communication or Human Relations and Spirituality, or a minor in Social Communication, Human Relations and Spirituality, Conflict Studies or Group Intervention and Leadership, according to the student’s particular interests and requirements.
*The foundational courses are a compulsory part of every bachelor’s degree program offered at Saint Paul University.
What you’ll learn
During your studies you will explore the major fields and themes of theology and ethics and their related issues, in order to define, explain and clarify an ethical problem from a Christian perspective.
You will also learn to communicate your knowledge effectively (in writing and orally), and to take a position on an ethical dilemma and suggest possible solutions.
Why choose Saint Paul University?
- For its small class sizes and close student-teacher ratio
- For its safe, secure and friendly campus with personalized services
- For its bilingual setting in the heart of the national capital
- For its diverse student population and international vision
- For its solid reputation, experience, history and Catholic tradition
- Aboriginal affairs officer
- Development officer
- Ethics advisor in the private and public sector, in a hospital or business setting
- Journalist who specializes in this area
- Liaison officer for immigrant settlement
- Policy analyst
- Policy officer
- Press secretary
- Public programs officer
Click here to find out more about Admission Scholarships at Saint Paul University.
Other programs that may interest you
- Ethics (Philosophy) (Honours Bachelor of Arts with Specialization)
- Philosophy and Theology (Joint Honours Bachelor of Arts)
- Theology (B.Th.) (Honours Bachelor)
- Theology (Honours Bachelor of Arts with Major)
- Theology – Anglican Studies (B.Th.) (Honours Bachelor)
- Theology – Eastern Christian Studies (B.Th.) (Honours Bachelor)