Ethics and Religious Beliefs in the MediaDownload the program description (PDF)
I. Compulsory Courses (9 crédits)
- ISC5101 MEDIA AND RELIGION (3cr.)1
- ISC5102 MEDIA, RELIGIOUS FAITH, AND SYMBOLIC WAYS (3cr.)2
- ISC5103 INTEGRATION WORK RESIDENCY (3cr.)2
II. Optional Distance Courses (6 credits)
One course (3 credits) in the area of media and culture, to be chosen from:
- ISC5111 TESTIFYING FAITH, THROUGH THE MEDIA (3cr.)
- ISC5112 RELIGIOUS LEADERS AS SPOKEPERSONS FOR RELIGION IDENTITY IN THE MEDIA (3cr.)
- ISC5113 SPECIAL TOPICS ON ‘‘MEDIA, RELIGION, AND CULTURE’’ (3cr.)
One course (3 credits) in the area of media and ethics, to be chosen from:
- ISC5121 THE ETHICAL PROBLEM OF IDOLATROUS IMAGES (3cr.)
- ISC5122 MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT, RELIGION, AND ETHICS (3cr.)
- ISC5123 SPECIAL TOPICS ON ‘‘MEDIA, RELIGION, AND ETHICS’’ (3cr.)
The compulsory course on Media and Religion (ISC 5101) is a prerequisite to the two courses offered on campus.
The passing grade in all courses is C+. Students who fail two courses (equivalent to 6 credits) or the same course twice must withdraw from the program.
Duration of the Program
The expectation is that all requirements of the diploma will be completed in one year of full-time study. The maximum time permitted is three years from the time of initial registration in the program.
Subject to funding approval by the Ontario government.