A symposium on the topic of hospitality and the work of the Spanish philosopher Daniel Innerarity will be held on November 4, 2011. Innerarity's work offers a compelling reading of our contemporary world. Hospitality becomes ethics in that it raises our learning by embracing newness and allowing us to have an understanding of our constantly changing modern liberal societies.
Conference Paper Submission – Deadline: May 31, 2011
Submission of papers
Call for Workshops – Deadline: June 15, 2011
Call for workshops
(In French only)
- April 30 and May 1, 2010: Conference: "The Wrongfulness of Terrorist Actions: An Interfaith Perspective"
- October 29-30, 2009: Conference: “Reconciliation and Co-existence: Orality and Literacy”
- May 26-27, 2009: Conference: "Sustaining Ethical Leadership: An Interdisciplinary Conversation" by the Canadian Jacques Maritain Association
- April 29, 2009: Conference: "Exploring Paul"
- November 14, 2009: Lecture: "Aristotle and the Variability of Natural Justice," by Professor John Thorp
- Fall 2008: Fall Symposium of the Canadian Jacques Maritain Association, in collaboration with Saint Paul University and Dominican University College
Lecture: "Women and Leadership," by R. O'Reilly-Runte, President of Carleton University
May 17, 2007: Launching of Master's in Public Ethics
February 28, 2007: The Saint Paul University Ethics Centre and the Faculty of Philosophy issue a call for participants in a round-table discussion of "The Importance of Moral Reasoning in International Relations Today"
- October 20-21, 2006: Fall Symposium of the Canadian Jacques Maritain Association, in collaboration with Saint Paul University and Dominican University College