General guidelines for Grantholders
Please note that :
- Refunds may require up to five working days.
Original receipts are required. In the event that an original is lost, an affidavit will be accepted.
Up to 10% of a grant may be transferred to a different budget line. Regulations, such as travel costs, still apply.
- University policies for travel, rates, use of a personal car, banquets and alcohol are in effect.
At the end of a grant, the balance returns to the University.
Full-time professors with tenure or in a tenure-track position.
- Graduate students are eligible.
- A researcher can end a contract at any time without warning or compensation.
Eligible costs are, among other:
Research Assistants: graduate students.
- For research purposes within the framework of a project.
- For the dissemination of research findings in academic venues: faculty and graduate students.
- Travel related to interuniversity agreements.
- Travel costs of invited speakers.
Please note that:
- Air tickets should be for the lowest fare available and not exceed the cost in economy.
- For travel within 250 km of Ottawa, only car, train and bus tickets are eligible.
- Les frais de traduction dans le cadre des programmes d’appui à l’édition.
Ineligible costs are, among others:
Costs incurred before the grant is awarded;
Expenses exceeding the authorized budget line or the amount of the grant;
Activities and dissemination for the general public;
Travel cancellation insurance;
Travel health insurance fees;
Costs related to passport renewal;
Costs related to cell and or smart phones;
The preparation and defence of a thesis;
Participation at a conference other than the one approved by the Research Committee.