In order to ensure service quality and prompt follow ups, Computer and Distance Education (CDES) asks you to use the help request form located on the Web at ustpaul.ca/support for all your IT, audio visual and telecommunications requests.The online form is the preferred method to receive requests for support. Requests by telephone and in-person cannot be processed unless they are entered into this system.
Your request will be sent to a help request management system. Following the submission of your request, a ticket number will be sent to the e-mail address that you provided. The ticket number is used to track your request and to ensure a better follow up.
If your request is urgent, call our telephone help line at extension 2234 (from outside the university call 613-236-1393 extension 2234)
The following are considered urgent requests:
- Failure of a central server
- Failure of the email system
- Internet down
- Unable to access a server (password)
- A computer workstation is down
If you use this form:
- all information in your request is automatically entered into the CTS problem-management system;
- your request is promptly assigned to the appropriate group or individual;
- a confirmation with a reference number is sent to you by e-mail;
- response time improves.
- You may respond to emails received from the problem management system and it will automatically be transferred to the person who is responsible for resolving your request (do not modify the subject line).