Workshop: Toward a Spirituality at the Heart of Every Day
The Centre for Contextual Learning and Spirituality
Toward a Spirituality at the Heart of Every Day
Third of a Series of Workshops on
Developing Professional and Pastoral Competencies
“Characteristically, humans aspire to reconcile their yearning for the absolute with earthly values, to be receptive to grace without giving up on nature, and to hold out the sacred to whatever is profane, so that it can be sanctified and uplifted.” [translation] Dictionnaire de la vie spirituelle, Paris: Cerf, 1983.
This workshop will be an opportunity to explore spirituality, a fundamental human trait that tends toward maturity in individuals’ relationships with themselves, others, the sacred and the world.
This workshop will interest students, educators, supervisors/mentors, and persons in helping relationships in professional or pastoral settings, including health care and social services.
The presentation will be bilingual and the discussion will be held in linguistic groups.
Ressource Persons: Flavie Beaudet, M.A.; Carol Edgar, B.Th., Jubilee Associate
Saturday, March 22, 2014
9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Room: L136 (Laframboise Hall), Saint Paul University
Cost: $20.00 (Students: $10.00)
Please register by March 12, 2014.
Registration and information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet and Greet for Future Saint Paul University Students
- Canon Law in the 21st Century
- Building Hospitable Communities for Aging: Challenge and Opportunities
- Celebration of the Summer Institute in Pastoral Liturgy (SIPL) and the Summer Institute in Religious Education (SIRE)
- Liturgical Catechesis: A Pilgrimage through Sunday Eucharist (gathering the Body of Christ)