Workshop: Toward a Spirituality at the Heart of Every Day
The Centre for Contextual Learning and Spirituality
Toward a Spirituality at the Heart of Every Day
Third of a Series of Workshops on
Developing Professional and Pastoral Competencies
“Characteristically, humans aspire to reconcile their yearning for the absolute with earthly values, to be receptive to grace without giving up on nature, and to hold out the sacred to whatever is profane, so that it can be sanctified and uplifted.” [translation] Dictionnaire de la vie spirituelle, Paris: Cerf, 1983.
This workshop will be an opportunity to explore spirituality, a fundamental human trait that tends toward maturity in individuals’ relationships with themselves, others, the sacred and the world.
This workshop will interest students, educators, supervisors/mentors, and persons in helping relationships in professional or pastoral settings, including health care and social services.
The presentation will be bilingual and the discussion will be held in linguistic groups.
Ressource Persons: Flavie Beaudet, M.A.; Carol Edgar, B.Th., Jubilee Associate
Saturday, March 22, 2014
9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Room: L136 (Laframboise Hall), Saint Paul University
Cost: $20.00 (Students: $10.00)
Please register by March 12, 2014.
Registration and information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference: ''L'Université d'Ottawa et l'Université Saint-Paul : plus de 165 ans d'histoire''
- The Africa Study Group Presents a Panel Discussion:"South Sudan: What went wrong? Can it be fixed?"
- God in the Feminine : Interspiritual Dialogue
- The First World War; a century later. Reflections on peace and conflict
- Disputatio: a series of public lectures and discussions