Workshop: Toward a Spirituality at the Heart of Every Day
The Centre for Contextual Learning and Spirituality
Toward a Spirituality at the Heart of Every Day
Third of a Series of Workshops on
Developing Professional and Pastoral Competencies
“Characteristically, humans aspire to reconcile their yearning for the absolute with earthly values, to be receptive to grace without giving up on nature, and to hold out the sacred to whatever is profane, so that it can be sanctified and uplifted.” [translation] Dictionnaire de la vie spirituelle, Paris: Cerf, 1983.
This workshop will be an opportunity to explore spirituality, a fundamental human trait that tends toward maturity in individuals’ relationships with themselves, others, the sacred and the world.
This workshop will interest students, educators, supervisors/mentors, and persons in helping relationships in professional or pastoral settings, including health care and social services.
The presentation will be bilingual and the discussion will be held in linguistic groups.
Ressource Persons: Flavie Beaudet, M.A.; Carol Edgar, B.Th., Jubilee Associate
Saturday, March 22, 2014
9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Room: L136 (Laframboise Hall), Saint Paul University
Cost: $20.00 (Students: $10.00)
Please register by March 12, 2014.
Registration and information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seminar on Canon Law and Ecumenism
- Listening, Witnessing and Intimate Relationships: Using Narrative Therapy in Working with Couples
- Webinar: Le ministère épiscopal comme service à l’unité et à la communion : une lecture du Pape François (in French only)
- Webinar: The Challenges of the Family in the Contemporary World: Juridical and Pastoral Reflections on the Synod of Bishops
- Webinar: Les défis de la famille dans le monde contemporain : réflexions juridiques et pastorales sur le synode des évêques (in french only)