Welcome to our new chaplain, Father Gratien Girod!
We are pleased to welcome as chaplain of Saint Paul University, a person who is very well known throughout the University’s surrounding community.
Father Girod has accepted to join our team and take the challenge of heading up the pastoral animation for a couple of days each week. His schedule is posted in room GIG-153.
Father Girod originates from Switzerland, has studied Theology in Rome and also trained in psychology and counseling. During several years, he worked in the Ottawa diocese, specifically in nearby Sainte-Famille parish, where he had a great impact. For a number of years, he has been the instigator, the driving force and leader of the cause for integrating persons of Spanish-speaking origin.
Later on, he was drawn to a project in South America and concentrated his efforts in this initiative. Throughout his career, he has lead groups and supervised students in counselling. He speaks several languages and is known for his great capacity to listen and connect easily with people.
We are therefore pleased to welcome him in our community and benefit from several aspects of his experience which converge with the fulfillment of our University’s mission.
- Congratulations to Lia Patricia Hiraldo Antigua, recipient of a $7200 scholarship from the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Call for Nominations: 2015 - 2016 Alumnus of the Year Award
- Saint Paul University to offer Master’s and Licentiate in Canon Law in Australia
- October 5th 2015: World Teacher’s Day!
- Congratulations to Hannah MacFarlane, recipient of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul $5,000 bursary