Welcome to our new chaplain, Father Gratien Girod!
We are pleased to welcome as chaplain of Saint Paul University, a person who is very well known throughout the University’s surrounding community.
Father Girod has accepted to join our team and take the challenge of heading up the pastoral animation for a couple of days each week. His schedule is posted in room GIG-153.
Father Girod originates from Switzerland, has studied Theology in Rome and also trained in psychology and counseling. During several years, he worked in the Ottawa diocese, specifically in nearby Sainte-Famille parish, where he had a great impact. For a number of years, he has been the instigator, the driving force and leader of the cause for integrating persons of Spanish-speaking origin.
Later on, he was drawn to a project in South America and concentrated his efforts in this initiative. Throughout his career, he has lead groups and supervised students in counselling. He speaks several languages and is known for his great capacity to listen and connect easily with people.
We are therefore pleased to welcome him in our community and benefit from several aspects of his experience which converge with the fulfillment of our University’s mission.
- Vatican II: Prends le livre, ouvre-le et lis* Live webinar on the four Constitutions of Vatican II
- New Doctorate of Conflict Studies program as of Fall 2013
- Beyond Control: A Mutual Respect Approach to Protest Crowd–Police Relations – now available in French!
- Presentation of the Desjardins Scholarship in Public Ethics
- A Student of the Faculty of Theology at the University of Erfurt in Germany