The Society of St.Vincent de Paul Award
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Award to attend Saint Paul University
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Award will be awarded to an Ottawa Catholic School Board or Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario graduate who exemplifies the spirit of the St. Vincent de Paul Society. The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is dedicated to helping those less fortunate.
To view the PDF and printable application form, please click here.
The winner of the award will receive
A $5,000 BURSARY
towards the cost of fees to attend Saint Paul University.
Saint Paul University in Ottawa offers a range of undergraduate subjects, including: Conflict Studies, Human Relations, Philosophy of Religion, Public Ethics and Philosophy, Social Communication and Theology.
Please outline, on an attached sheet (8 ½ by 11), up to two pages in length, why you are applying for this award.
Please provide specific examples of your involvement in the following areas:
- Catholic leadership at your school
- Involvement in your parish
- Social Justice and/or community service
- Other information as needed to support your nomination – a maximum of two additional reference letters may accompany your application
Please email or send a hard copy of your application to the attention of:
Recruitment and Communication Services
223 Main Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 1C4
Deadline for submissions to be received: June 7, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
Applications received after 4:00 p.m. June 7, 2017 will not be considered.
- Call for papers - Flight to Freedom: the Canadian Refugee Experience Since 1957
- Saint Paul University receives a $2.5 million donation for its new Providence School of Transformative Leadership and Spirituality
- Summer School in Social Innovation
- SPU receives $3.2 million donation to build a new Student Life Centre
- Participate in a National Survey!