The Glasmacher Lectures present José Casanova
“Christianity and Globalism”
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Amphitheatre in Guigues Building
Entrance is free
As part of the Glasmacher lectures, Saint Paul University is pleased to present José Casanova Professor of Sociology and Senior Fellow at the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs of Georgetown University.
How does globalization intersect with the resurgence of public religion? José Casanova’s lecture « Christianity and Globalism » will primarily focus on his most recent research areas: globalization and religion while speaking about the concept of a Catholic University in the 21st century.
The conference will take place on Thursday, March 21, 2013 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in the Amphitheatre in the Guigues building. Entrance is free.
The Glasmacher Lectures fund the invitation of distinguished researchers whose presentations lead to reflection and to deeper thinking about social issues in order to offer new reflections on the transformations taking place in the world today.
- 2016 Alumnus of the Year Ceremony
- Liturgical Catechesis: A Pilgrimage through Sunday Eucharist (gathering the Body of Christ)
- Summer Institute in the New Evangelization 2016
- Découvrir, vivre et annoncer l’Évangile dans un monde transformé par les nouveaux médias numériques (in French only)
- Indigenous Pastoral Leadership Formation Program 2016