SPU will award the Eugene de Mazenod medal to Mr. John Corston and Mrs. Virginia Corston!
Saint Paul University will award the fourth Eugene de Mazenod medal to Mr. John Corston and Mrs. Virginia Corston during a ceremony that will take place in the De Mazenod Chapel on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.
This medal, bearing the name of the founder of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, recognizes Eugene de Mazenod’s primary concern of adapting to people’s real situations by showing boldness and zeal in dealing with urgent societal issues. The Eugene de Mazenod medal honours a person who has made a significant contribution to developing human capital in his or her environment or more widely in society.
Mr. John Corston, a member of the Ojibway-Cree nation, is Founder and Executive Director of Kateri Native Ministry of Ottawa. Mrs. Virginia Corston exercises an active role in the mission of Kateri Native Ministry, and supports Mr. Corston in his entire ministry. Founded in 1998, Kateri is a Christian Native Ministry committed to the healing and reconciliation of Aboriginal people. Its purpose is to provide spiritual care to aboriginal people through the blending of Aboriginal culture and traditions with Christian spirituality and values.
Having overcome serious hardships in his life, Mr. Corston has persevered and devoted himself to promoting healing and reconciliation between Aboriginal peoples and Canadian society at large. Saint Paul University is proud to bestow one of our highest honours on such deserving recipients.
When: February 28, 2014, at 1:30 p.m.
Where: Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street, Ottawa
- The Anglican Studies Program presents : “Music That Makes Community”
- The Jean-Léon Allie Library provides support for researchers to abide by the new Tri-Agency Open Access Policy
- Saint Paul University’s Faculty of Theology honored to accept accreditation from the Association of Theological Schools
- Saint Paul University is pleased to welcome teachers from the Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est!
- Congratulations to our graduates!