Saint Paul University Signs Access Copyright Model License
On June 29th 2012, Saint Paul University, through its federation with the University of Ottawa, joined several other Canadian Universities who have signed the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) and Access Copyright Model License. This license covers the cost of reproducing print and digital materials included in the Access Copyright repertoire for research and teaching purposes, and will expire at the end of 2015.
Cost for retroactive payments and protection for infringement claims are the fundamental reasons why the University decided to sign. Saint Paul University is committed to the principles of open access. The University is currently assessing and evaluating the situation, as well as taking actions so that we may – if we choose – operate independently of the license at the beginning of 2016.
For more information, please contact:
André Paris, Chief Librarian
Jean-Léon Allie O.M.I. University Library
Tel: (613) 236-1393 x2220
- New at Saint Paul University – Register and choose your courses online!
- Vatican II: Prends le livre, ouvre-le et lis* Live webinar on the four Constitutions of Vatican II
- New Doctorate of Conflict Studies program as of Fall 2013
- Beyond Control: A Mutual Respect Approach to Protest Crowd–Police Relations – now available in French!
- Presentation of the Desjardins Scholarship in Public Ethics