Saint Paul University Signs Access Copyright Model License
On June 29th 2012, Saint Paul University, through its federation with the University of Ottawa, joined several other Canadian Universities who have signed the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) and Access Copyright Model License. This license covers the cost of reproducing print and digital materials included in the Access Copyright repertoire for research and teaching purposes, and will expire at the end of 2015.
Cost for retroactive payments and protection for infringement claims are the fundamental reasons why the University decided to sign. Saint Paul University is committed to the principles of open access. The University is currently assessing and evaluating the situation, as well as taking actions so that we may – if we choose – operate independently of the license at the beginning of 2016.
For more information, please contact:
André Paris, Chief Librarian
Jean-Léon Allie O.M.I. University Library
Tel: (613) 236-1393 x2220
- Saint Paul University’s Faculty of Theology honored to accept accreditation from the Association of Theological Schools
- Saint Paul University is pleased to welcome teachers from the Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est!
- Congratulations to our graduates!
- Saint Paul University Announces $2.5-Million Gift for New School of Social Innovation
- Call for papers: Positive Psychology and Spirituality