Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Insight Grants support research excellence in the social sciences and humanities. Funding is available to both emerging and established scholars for long-term research initiatives of three to five years.
Value From $7,000 to $500,000
Duration From 3 to 5 years
Mandatory Notice of Intent August 15, 2013
Application deadline October 15, 2013
Results March 2014
The objectives of the Insight Grants are to:
- build knowledge and understanding from disciplinary, interdisciplinary and/or cross-sector perspectives through support for the best researchers;
- support new approaches to research on complex and important topics, including those that transcend the capacity of any one scholar, institution or discipline;
- provide a high-quality research training experience for students;
- fund research expertise that relates to societal challenges and opportunities; and
- mobilize research knowledge, to and from academic and non-academic audiences, with the potential to lead to intellectual, cultural, social and economic influence, benefit and impact.
The Connection Grants funding opportunity is temporarily on hold.
Partnership Development Grant
Partnership Development Grants provide support to:
- develop research and related activities in the social sciences and humanities, including knowledge mobilization and the meaningful involvement of students and new scholars, by fostering new partnerships for research and related activities involving existing and/or potential partners; or
- design and test new partnership approaches for research and/or related activities that may result in best practices or models that either can be adapted by others or have the potential to be scaled up to a regional, national or international level.
Value From $75,000 to $200,00
Duration From 1 to 3 years
Application deadline November 30, 2013
Results March 2014