Relationships Matter presents: Psychology for Everyday Living
Relationships Matter Seminar: Psychology for Everyday Living
Topic: Wired for Love: Our Fundamental Capacity to Grow Through Love
Thursday, May 22, 2014, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Saint Paul University, Room G203 (Second Floor)
Wired for Love is a practical, informative and effective relationship-management presentation that teaches couples to learn or reinstate and maintain the foundational love, safety and tenderness that can form the basis for and sustain their relationship. Taking a multi-faceted developmental approach, this talk points to the fundamental capacity for humans to grow, evolve and overcome their wounds through understanding how we are wired for love from the moment of birth. Dr. Tatkin will lead us through activities people can do to see each other better and get better in touch with each other’s needs.
Presenter: Dr. Stan Tatkin, PsyD, MFT, is a clinician, researcher, teacher and developer of A Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT®). He has a clinical practice in Calabasas, CA, teaches/supervises family medicine residents, and is an assistant clinical professor at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine. He has written several books, including Wired for Love.
Cost: $20 at the door (students $10)
- Seminar on Canon Law and Ecumenism
- Listening, Witnessing and Intimate Relationships: Using Narrative Therapy in Working with Couples
- Webinar: Le ministère épiscopal comme service à l’unité et à la communion : une lecture du Pape François (in French only)
- Webinar: The Challenges of the Family in the Contemporary World: Juridical and Pastoral Reflections on the Synod of Bishops
- Webinar: Les défis de la famille dans le monde contemporain : réflexions juridiques et pastorales sur le synode des évêques (in french only)