Premiere: Film Dawn of the Abyss
Prof. Fabrice Blée, in partnership with the Faculty of Theology at Saint Paul University, invites you to the premiere of his film L'Aurore du tréfonds / Dawn of the Abyss at the Mayfair Theater (1074 Bank St) on April 27th at 7:00pm (in French), and on May 11th at 7:00pm (in English). For more information about the film, please see:
This documentary reveals an awakening inspired by the life of the Benedictine monk Henri Le Saux. After living in a monastery in Brittany for 20 years, he left for South India with the objective of bringing the best of Christian monastic life with him. To achieve his goal, he believed it important first to open himself to the spiritual heart of India. In doing so he encountered Ramana Maharshi, one of the great sages of his time, at the foot of the sacred mountain Arunachala. The impact of this meeting on him was so powerful that Le Saux’s initial plan was turned upside down. In the presence of this mystical mountain, and its Sage, Le Saux began a spiritual adventure that would lead to his own rebirth.
The film will be followed by an interview with the director by Ginette Gratton of Rogers TV, with beverages served.
We look forward to having you join us!
- Information Session on Internships presented by the Internship Office
- Awarding of the Eugène de Mazenod Medal
- La Maison des Leaders, le Groupe Courage et PGF Consultants vous invitent à rencontrer Rémi Tremblay (in French only)
- Honouring the Past, Keeping Faith in the Present, Shaping the Future: The 2017 National Conference of the Catholic Network for Women’s Equality
- Meet and Greet for future students accepted at Saint Paul University!