Notice of nomination - Professor Yvan Mathieu, Dean of the Faculty of Theology
Saint Paul University is pleased to announce the nomination of Professor Yvan Mathieu as Dean of the Faculty of Theology. The entire university community joins me in offering him our sincerest congratulations and best wishes for success in his new position.
Dr. Mathieu has a remarkable background and outstanding qualifications in teaching, research and community service. At SPU he has served as Director of Undergraduate Studies, Secretary of the Faculty of Theology, and Vice-Rector, Administration. He also chairs the Réseau de recherche en narratologie et Bible (RRENAB) and served for 10 years on his community’s provincial council. Thanks to the various administrative positions he has held, he is familiar with all of SPU’s programs of study, and he is known and respected by his colleagues at all administrative levels.
Well known in the academic and ecclesial communities for his dedication, enthusiasm and tireless energy, Dr. Mathieu is an innovative thinker who was among the first to offer hybrid theology courses (combining classroom and distance learning).
We have no doubt that he will successfully meet the challenges and projects of the Faculty of Theology particularly the consolidation and development of the program of studies. He officially began his mandate on July 2, 2014.
Once again, we extend him a warm welcome and offer him our full support in managing the Faculty.
- Saint Paul University proudly awards the 2015 Redekop-Kroeker Scholarship to Evelyne Poisson
- Emerging Issues in Peace and Conflict Studies in Canada
- Saint Paul University will award the Eugène de Mazenod medal to Sister Louise Dunn, CND, and Brother Réjean Gadouas, O.M.I.
- 30% Off Ontario Tuition Program
- PUBLIC LECTURE : “Reception into Full Communion of Those in Irregular Marriages: Any Possibilities”