Glasmacher Lecture: Phyllis Zagano "Women Deacons: Transforming the Church"
Phyllis Zagano, expert and advocate for the diaconate for women in the Roman Catholic Church
GLASMACHER LECTURE with Phyllis Zagano
"Women Deacons: Transforming the Church"
Friday March 8
Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street
Normandin Room, Laframboise Hall
Phyllis Zagano's lecture, "Women Deacons: Transforming the Church" will be followed by a panel of respondents from the fields of canon law, the Eastern churches, and the Montreal group "Femmes et Ministeres." Following general discussion a reception will take place in the Normandin Room.
Zagano is currently senior research fellow at Hofstra University and adjunct professor in the fields of Catholic Studies and Celtic spirituality. She has published 15 books including most recently, "Women Deacons: Past, Present and Future," co-authored with Gary Macy and William Ditewig. Her groundbreaking work on women deacons, "Holy Saturday," (2000) was commissioned by John Cardinal O'Connor from New York. Zagano also writes a regular column for the National Catholic Reporter entitled "Just Church," and recently received the St. Catherine of Siena Distinguished Lay Person Award from "Voice of the Faithful."
This event is organized by Saint Paul University's Centre for Women and Christian Traditions to coincide with International Women's Day, March 8th.
Further information is available from the Centre at (613) 236-1393 ext 2232, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seminar on Canon Law and Ecumenism
- Listening, Witnessing and Intimate Relationships: Using Narrative Therapy in Working with Couples
- Webinar: Le ministère épiscopal comme service à l’unité et à la communion : une lecture du Pape François (in French only)
- Webinar: The Challenges of the Family in the Contemporary World: Juridical and Pastoral Reflections on the Synod of Bishops
- Webinar: Les défis de la famille dans le monde contemporain : réflexions juridiques et pastorales sur le synode des évêques (in french only)