Glasmacher Guest Speaker Daniel Innerarity
NOUS ET LES AUTRES
Thursday, November 3, 2011, at 7:30 p.m.
The lecture will be in French
The discussion will be in both official languages
Daniel Innerarity is a professor of political and social philosophy, Ikerbasque researcher at the University of the Basque Country/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea and Director of Globernance. His latest books include Ética de la hospitalidad [The Ethics of Hospitality], La transformación de la política [The Transformation of Politics] (3rd Miguel de Unamuno Essay Prize and 2003 National Literature Prize in the Essay category), La sociedad invisible [The Invisible Society] (21st Espasa Essay Prize).
In a world such as ours, belonging to all and no one, shaped by threats but sharing a common ground, where property begs to be revisited and collaboration becomes more demanding, in an open world that seeks to protect itself, where each of us is vulnerable, a world without vicinity that muddles the distinction between interdependence and contagion, the difficult yet urgent question remains: Who are we? How do we think about ourselves and act, we who inhabit this common ground? How do we articulate the distinction between 'us' and the 'other' is a crucial question when determining our responsibilities, our rights and our obligations.
There will be a reception to mark the launch of the book Penser le temps politique. Entretiens philosophiques à contretemps avec Daniel Innerarity, published by les Presses de l'Université Laval.
For more information, please contact Dr. Sophie Cloutier: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to be notified of future Glasmacher Lectures, please write to: email@example.com
- Seminar on Canon Law and Ecumenism
- Listening, Witnessing and Intimate Relationships: Using Narrative Therapy in Working with Couples
- Webinar: Le ministère épiscopal comme service à l’unité et à la communion : une lecture du Pape François (in French only)
- Webinar: The Challenges of the Family in the Contemporary World: Juridical and Pastoral Reflections on the Synod of Bishops
- Webinar: Les défis de la famille dans le monde contemporain : réflexions juridiques et pastorales sur le synode des évêques (in french only)