Gil Rémillard is SPU's Alumnus of the Year!
OTTAWA, October 31, 2013 – Saint Paul University is proud to host its Alumnus of the Year event and recognize the outstanding commitment and achievements of Mr. Gil Rémillard.
A lawyer, professor and politician, Gil Rémillard was born in Hull and maintains close ties with the National Capital Region. He possesses multiple degrees in areas such as philosophy, political science and law from the University of Ottawa. He completed his studies with a doctorate in law in France and Great Britain.
This annual event also seeks to raise funds for a new endowment fund that will be created in honor of the Alumnus of the Year. This year, a fund on behalf of Gil and Marie Rémillard will be dedicated to Saint Paul University’s Centre for Academic Success. The Centre, an essential part of Saint Paul University, provides students with writing and counselling services. Gil Rémillard, who has dyslexia himself, has provided long standing support to various organizations that help children with learning disabilities. As well, his wife, Marie DuPont, who is Chair of the Board of Directors of the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, is also a B.Ph. graduate of Saint Paul University.
What: Saint Paul University’s Alumnus of the Year
When: November 7th, 2013 at 6 p.m.
Where: 223, Main Street, Ottawa
It is our great pleasure to bestow our Alumnus of the Year award on such a deserving recipient.
- Honorary doctorate awarded to Michel Prévost; Saint Paul University student satisfaction levels show steady increase
- Saint Paul University honours archivist Michel Prévost
- Saint Paul University will be closed over the Easter weekend
- The Canadian Francophonie colleges and universities team up: a new association is created
- Manon Harvey receives the Governor General’s Academic Silver Medal