Fall 2013 Convocation
Sunday, November 3, at 7:30 p.m., at the National Arts Centre
This fall, 71 students graduated from Saint Paul University, and 43 of them attended the ceremony!
Here are two highlights we wish to share with you:
This year’s Governor General’s Gold Medal was awarded to Martha Milagros Acosta Valle, who has just completed her doctorate in theology. This medal is awarded to the graduate student with the highest academic standing. Her thesis is entitled Identité, transformation et mise en récit : Une analyse narrative de Luc, Pierre, Corneille et compagnie (Actes 10,1-11,18). Congratulations, Martha!
This year, the doctoral program in Counselling will present its first graduate: Shelley Briscoe-Dimock. The title of her thesis is Unmet Self, Relational, and Spiritual Needs in Distressed Couple Relationships. Congratulations to the new graduate and to the team of professors involved!
- Call for Papers - Paying Tribute to René Girard (One Year after His Death)
- Professor Caroline Andrew to be awarded the Eugène de Mazenod Medal
- The Honourable Yasir Naqvi and Saint Paul University recognize Dr. Patricia Marsden Dole, 2015 Ontario Senior Achievement Award winner
- Graduate Diploma in Canonical Practice: Specialization in marriage law and procedures
- SPU welcomes Father Paschal Mgbeadichie, principal of the St Benedict Catholic Bilingual School in Yaoundé, Cameroun