Creation of the Research Chair for Religious History of Canada
Saint Paul University is pleased to announce the creation of the Research Chair for Religious History of Canada. Pierre Hurtubise omi, professor emeritus, is the first holder of the Chair. The University in this way wishes to recognize his many contributions as an experienced researcher and director of the Research Centre for Religious History of Canada. Pierre Hurtubise will continue his research on the Rome Project and on the history of Oblate missions with First Nations peoples. Two lectures on the Chair’s work will be held in the fall.
The Research Centre for Religious History of Canada has closed its doors, but the Chair will ensure that work in this field continues. The Archives and Documentation Centre, which was part of the research centre, is now part of the Jean-Léon Allie O.M.I Library and Archives.
Our most sincere congratulations to Pierre Hurtubise.
- Call for Papers - Paying Tribute to René Girard (One Year after His Death)
- Professor Caroline Andrew to be awarded the Eugène de Mazenod Medal
- The Honourable Yasir Naqvi and Saint Paul University recognize Dr. Patricia Marsden Dole, 2015 Ontario Senior Achievement Award winner
- Graduate Diploma in Canonical Practice: Specialization in marriage law and procedures
- SPU welcomes Father Paschal Mgbeadichie, principal of the St Benedict Catholic Bilingual School in Yaoundé, Cameroun