Conferences on the Ongoing Research and Reflection in Public Ethics
Conference on Ongoing Research and Reflection in Public Ethics
Saturday, March 22, 2014, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Room Guigues 101
The School in Public Ethics and the Research Centre in Public Ethics and Governance invite you to the Spring Sessions in Public Ethics.
This conference will present the ongoing research and reflections in public ethics.
“Public Ethics”, broadly construed, is the study of large-scale ethical problems in society, such as the management of the environment, regulation of public health care, oversight concerning privacy and technology, the balancing of various kinds of rights (religious, civil and so on) and the question of national security and military engagement.
This spring, scholars, students, public service employees as well as individuals in private industry will meet at Saint Paul University to discuss and share their research, reflections and experiences regarding the major problems facing society today.
The following lecturers will be presenting:
- Dr. Marc De Kesel (Faculty of Philosophy, SPU)
- Dr. Sophie Cloutier (Faculty of Philosophy, SPU)
- Nebal Mourad (Graduate Student: MA in Public Ethics)
- Dr. Monique Lanoix (Faculty of Philosophy, SPU)
- Leonard Halladay (Graduate Student: MA in Public Ethics)
- Dr. Charles LePage (Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development)
- Helga Henries (Graduate Student: MA in Public Ethics)
- Dr. Louis Perron (Faculty of Philosophy, SPU)
- Dr. Rajesh Shukla (Faculty of Philosophy, SPU)
- Dr. Richard Feist (Faculty of Philosophy, SPU)
Presentations will be bilingual.
Coffee & muffins will be provided during the conference.
Dr. R. Feist
613-236-1393, ext. 2459
- Public Lecture: Beyond the Dilemma Dialogue: Acting Differently
- A Sure Compass: Receiving Vatican II Today - The Decree on the Eastern Churches, Fifty Years Later
- Symposium - ''The Global Cry of the People: Mining Extracting and Justice''
- OPEN HOUSE 2014!
- Exhibit - Audacity and perseverance: The legacy of the Oblats O.M.I.