Conference: Pathways to Practice - Part 2
The Centre for Religious Education and Catechesis presents
PATHWAYS TO PRACTICE
a series of two afternoon conferences designed for Catholic teachers and catechists.
Friday, September 19, 1:00–3:00 p.m., Room 103 GIG, Saint Paul University
With Sighs Too Deep for Words: Using Popular Film as a Pathway to the Spirit II (Practical Application)
This presentation will continue the exploration launched in Part I, with a focus on how to apply film to a particular theological/religious theme. In this session we will examine the concept of divine grace.
Speaker: Dr. Joe Rogers
Biography: Joe Rogers was raised in an American Air Force family stationed throughout Latin America. During his teen years his family settled in South Carolina, and he received his undergraduate degree in philosophy and art education from the University of South Carolina. In 1995 he moved to San Antonio, Texas, and obtained his master’s degree in theology and a doctorate in ministry from Oblate School of Theology.
Joe has worked as a chaplain in hospital ministry in Buffalo, NY, in Native American ministry in Sisseton, SD, and in HIV/AIDS ministry in San Francisco, CA. He has also worked as a religion and film studies teacher in the Catholic school system (1999–2005) and is a former faculty member (2005–08) in the philosophy and religious studies department at the University of Texas, where he was nominated for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars Award for teaching excellence. In addition, he was ranked by MTV’s “Rate My Professors.com” as one of the top ten university professors in the United States.
In 2008 Joe fulfilled his lifelong dream of moving to Canada, and now works for the Ottawa Catholic School Board as a chaplain at St. Peter’s High School.
LIMITED NUMBER OF SEATS AVAILABLE.
- Soirée-conférence : Pierre dans les Actes des Apôtres (in french only)
- Soirée-conférence : Le leadership transformationnel du pape François (in french only)
- Soirée-conférence : Le Gîte Ami : une histoire et des raisons d’être (in french only)
- Soirée-conférence : Deux attitudes favorisant le dialogue interreligieux : l’humanisme et l’hospitalité (in french only)
- Soirée-conférence : La théologie à l’université ? Faudrait-il s’en débarrasser ? (in french only)