User Commitment and Responsibility:
The user accepts the entire responsibility for the use of his or her account and for the computing resources which are allotted to him or her, and commits himself or herself to comply with the following code of conduct.
Specific Responsibilities of Users:
- Use computing facilities only for the purposes for which the user has been authorized.
(For example, for university work and not for personal use.)
- Maintain the security of any password associated with their access code (userid).
Users will not let others know and use their access code.
- Use only user access codes that you have been authorized to use.
- Be responsible for all use of your access code.
- Never impersonate other users.
- Respect any restrictions associated with your computer access codes.
- Never interfere or attempt to interfere with any account or the normal operation
of computing resources.
- Respect the privacy of other users.
- Respect copyright, trademarks, software and software license agreements.
- Never attempt to access or copy files, programs or information belonging to other
users without clear authorization from the other user. (It is recommended that
authorization be obtained in writing.)
- Never attempt to intercept any network communications, such as electronic mail
or user-to-user dialogue, for which they are not the intended recipient.
- Never use the computer or network to send obscene, vulgar, abusive or nuisance
messages, or to harass (sexually or otherwise) other users.
Anyone breaching this code will be subject to disciplinary action for misuse of computer facilities.