Computing resources and services available to members of university teaching staff
Following is a list of services that we offer to full time teaching staff:
- Computer workstation (PC)
- @ustpaul.ca e-mail account
- antivirus software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- assistance with connecting your own computer to the university network in your office (if you do not wish to use the computer provided)
- assistance with access to your @ustpaul.ca e-mail
We are unable to provide technical support for hardware and for software not listed above.
Minimum requirements for network access
- Proof of ownership of software licences on the PC being connected
- Minimum Windows XP Pro operating systems (or Mac OS 9)
- Knowledge of how to keep the operating system and antivirus software on your PC up to date
- Ethernet Network Interface Card (RJ45)
Computing services will ensure that the infrastructure is in place in order to accommodate network connectivity in professors' offices. Only wired access is currently available at the university. Note that all classrooms are wired for network access.
Any professors interested in the above services will need to fill out a "Request for access to computing resources" form which is available through the faculty administration or on the Intranet.