Christian Meditation Retreat
May 30 - June 1, 2014
The Anglican Studies Program hosts a Christian Meditation Retreat:
“A Distracted Age: How a New Understanding of Prayer Can Save the World”
Leader: Dom Laurence Freeman, OSB. On Friday, May 30, at 7:30 p.m., Fr. Laurence will give a lecture open to the general public in the Auditorium at Saint Paul University.
General Admission: $25 payable at the door.
Laurence Freeman, OSB, is spiritual successor of John Main and director of the World Community for Christian Meditation (WCCM). Father Laurence is a Benedictine monk, international speaker, retreat leader, and writer active in inter-religious dialogue and peace initiatives as well as encouraging the teaching of Christian Meditation to children and students. He is dedicated to working for the recovery of the contemplative wisdom tradition in the Church and society at large. In 2009, Father Laurence was appointed Officer of the Order of Canada “for his contributions as spiritual leader and director of the World Community for Christian Meditation and as a proponent of peace and inter-religious dialogue and understanding.”
- Liturgical Catechesis: A Pilgrimage through Sunday Eucharist (gathering the Body of Christ)
- Summer Institute in the New Evangelization 2016
- Découvrir, vivre et annoncer l’Évangile dans un monde transformé par les nouveaux médias numériques (in French only)
- Indigenous Pastoral Leadership Formation Program 2016
- Webinar - Synode sur la famille : Exhortation apostolique post-synodale et son incidence sur la vie des fidèles catholiques (in French only)