Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja, Nigeria visits Saint Paul University!
On Monday, February 4 2013, Saint Paul University will host His Eminence Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja, Nigeria for his lecture“Beyond Religious Tolerance – Building Bridges of Inclusion in Our World: Reflection of Muslim-Christian Relations in Sub-Saharan Africa”. The event will take place in the Amphitheatre and will begin at 4 p.m. A reception at the Atrium will follow.
Cardinal Onaiyekan is a recognized Biblical scholar, and past member of the World Council of Churches’ Commission on Faith and Order. He is the winner of the 2012 International Pax Christi Peace Laureate and 2012 nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, he is Past President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Past-President of the Synod of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar, a member of the International Theological Commission, and Joint Chair of the African Inter-Faith Council.
Speakers at the event include:
- His Eminence Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja “Beyond Religious Tolerance Building Bridges of Inclusion in Our World: Reflection of Muslim-Christian Relations in Sub-Saharan Africa”
- Mrs. Chantal Beauvais, Rector of Saint Paul University
- Fr. Andrea Spatafora, Dean of the Faculty of Theology, Saint Paul University
- Professor Mark Slater, Faculty of Theology, master of ceremony
WHAT: Lecture by His Eminence Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja
WHEN: Monday, February 4, 2013 at 4 p.m.
WHERE: Amphitheatre, Guigues building
Saint Paul University
223 Main Street, Ottawa
- 2016 Capital Educators' Award! Nominate an outstanding professor today!
- Congratulations to Scarlett Yvette Rodrigues Silvestre, recipient of a $7200 scholarship from the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Saint Paul University celebrates mass of the conversion of Saint Paul, feast day of the University's patron saint
- Welcome to our new chaplain Fr. Andrzej Jastrzębski, OMI
- The Society of St.Vincent de Paul Award