Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja, Nigeria visits Saint Paul University!
On Monday, February 4 2013, Saint Paul University will host His Eminence Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja, Nigeria for his lecture“Beyond Religious Tolerance – Building Bridges of Inclusion in Our World: Reflection of Muslim-Christian Relations in Sub-Saharan Africa”. The event will take place in the Amphitheatre and will begin at 4 p.m. A reception at the Atrium will follow.
Cardinal Onaiyekan is a recognized Biblical scholar, and past member of the World Council of Churches’ Commission on Faith and Order. He is the winner of the 2012 International Pax Christi Peace Laureate and 2012 nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, he is Past President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Past-President of the Synod of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar, a member of the International Theological Commission, and Joint Chair of the African Inter-Faith Council.
Speakers at the event include:
- His Eminence Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja “Beyond Religious Tolerance Building Bridges of Inclusion in Our World: Reflection of Muslim-Christian Relations in Sub-Saharan Africa”
- Mrs. Chantal Beauvais, Rector of Saint Paul University
- Fr. Andrea Spatafora, Dean of the Faculty of Theology, Saint Paul University
- Professor Mark Slater, Faculty of Theology, master of ceremony
WHAT: Lecture by His Eminence Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja
WHEN: Monday, February 4, 2013 at 4 p.m.
WHERE: Amphitheatre, Guigues building
Saint Paul University
223 Main Street, Ottawa
- SPU will award the Eugene de Mazenod medal to Mr. John Corston and Mrs. Virginia Corston!
- Come visit us during March break
- Convocation! Registering for your degree and requesting your diploma
- Publishing of a book edited by Professor Anna Sheftel!
- Publishing of a book under the direction of Professor Manal Guirguis-Younger!