Call for papers: From Psychology to Spirituality
FROM PSYCHOLOGY TO SPIRITUALITY
March 27, 28 and 29, 2014
Saint Paul University’s School of Counselling, Psychotherapy and Spirituality and the Association Internationale de l’Estime de Soi et l’Estime du Soi cordially invite you to the colloquium From Psychology to Spirituality.
We are delighted to invite you, researchers, clinician-researchers, doctoral students and master’s students to present case studies, qualitative or quantitative empirical research that explores the relationships between psychology and spirituality. This conference will also encourage discussion on questions such as How are the links between psychology and spirituality researched? For example: What methods can be used to explore these links? Can psychology lead to spirituality? If so, how? By viewing the human experience as holistic, in what sense is the bond between spirituality and psychology unbreakable? Does a deep self-awareness lead to a blooming of spirituality or to an acknowledgement of spirituality? Finally, how is psychology useful in discerning a healthy spirituality that can help a person grow beyond one that could compromise growth or even steer a person towards fundamentalist attitudes?
Languages: The conference will be in English and French.
Workshop time: 60 minutes (45 minutes for the presentation and 15 minutes of discussion).
Location: Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street Ottawa (Ontario) Canada, K1S 1C4.
- For workshop proposal: December 1, 2013.
- To register online as a speaker (by February 17, 2014) on the web page:
Please submit your proposal (summary) to Dr. Judith Malette (email@example.com) following these guidelines:
- Conference or workshop title;
- Your name, professional status (or current student status) and your professional domain and/or professional affiliation;
- A summary of a maximum of 150 words;
- For the workshops: a rationale and clear goal(s) to justify how relevant is the proposed workshop.
- Call for Nominations: 2015 - 2016 Alumnus of the Year Award
- Saint Paul University to offer Master’s and Licentiate in Canon Law in Australia
- October 5th 2015: World Teacher’s Day!
- Congratulations to Hannah MacFarlane, recipient of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul $5,000 bursary
- Launch of the special edition of Studia canonica in honour of Father Roland Jacques, O.M.I.