Anna Finken first recipient of The Elisabeth J. Lacelle Award of Excellence
Today, during a gathering at Saint Paul University, Rector Chantal Beauvais and Vice-Rector, Academic and Research, Jean-Marc Barrette presented The Elisabeth J. Lacelle Award of Excellenceto Faculty of Human Sciences student Anna Finken. Anna is the first recipient of this scholarship since the fund was established in 2009.
Anna is a second-year student pursuing a B.A. with a major in Human Sciences and Spirituality and a minor in Philosophy. She began her journey at Saint Paul University in September 2011 after having completed her DEC in Quebec. Her 9.8 grade point average is a reflection of her commitment and academic excellence.
The Elisabeth J. Lacelle Endowment Fund is awarded to women, preferably francophone or bilingual, who are enrolled or wish to enroll in a program at Saint Paul University. Born in Hawkesbury, Ontario, Elisabeth Lacelle was the first woman to graduate from the Faculty of Theology at Saint Paul University, in 1967. Her studies of women and religion, notably Christianity, have made her much sought after as a guest speaker and resource person in Europe and the United States, as well as throughout Canada.
Congratulations to Anna Finken for her accomplishment. Saint Paul University is proud to have her as a student!
- Call for Papers - Paying Tribute to René Girard (One Year after His Death)
- Professor Caroline Andrew to be awarded the Eugène de Mazenod Medal
- The Honourable Yasir Naqvi and Saint Paul University recognize Dr. Patricia Marsden Dole, 2015 Ontario Senior Achievement Award winner
- Graduate Diploma in Canonical Practice: Specialization in marriage law and procedures
- SPU welcomes Father Paschal Mgbeadichie, principal of the St Benedict Catholic Bilingual School in Yaoundé, Cameroun