Anna Finken first recipient of The Elisabeth J. Lacelle Award of Excellence
Today, during a gathering at Saint Paul University, Rector Chantal Beauvais and Vice-Rector, Academic and Research, Jean-Marc Barrette presented The Elisabeth J. Lacelle Award of Excellenceto Faculty of Human Sciences student Anna Finken. Anna is the first recipient of this scholarship since the fund was established in 2009.
Anna is a second-year student pursuing a B.A. with a major in Human Sciences and Spirituality and a minor in Philosophy. She began her journey at Saint Paul University in September 2011 after having completed her DEC in Quebec. Her 9.8 grade point average is a reflection of her commitment and academic excellence.
The Elisabeth J. Lacelle Endowment Fund is awarded to women, preferably francophone or bilingual, who are enrolled or wish to enroll in a program at Saint Paul University. Born in Hawkesbury, Ontario, Elisabeth Lacelle was the first woman to graduate from the Faculty of Theology at Saint Paul University, in 1967. Her studies of women and religion, notably Christianity, have made her much sought after as a guest speaker and resource person in Europe and the United States, as well as throughout Canada.
Congratulations to Anna Finken for her accomplishment. Saint Paul University is proud to have her as a student!
- Saint Paul University’s Faculty of Theology honored to accept accreditation from the Association of Theological Schools
- Saint Paul University is pleased to welcome teachers from the Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est!
- Congratulations to our graduates!
- Saint Paul University Announces $2.5-Million Gift for New School of Social Innovation
- Call for papers: Positive Psychology and Spirituality