Legislative governance framework of Saint Paul University
The following documents govern Saint Paul University and define its civil and ecclesiastical nature:
- Saint Paul University Act (2014)
- Statutes of Saint Paul University (2009)
- Saint Paul University Policy No. 3 – 2002 (2002)
- Agreement between Saint Paul University and the Congregation of Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate (2001)
- Sapientia Christiana Apostolic Constitution on Ecclesiastical Universities and Faculties (1979)
- University of Ottawa Act (1965)
- Univesity of Ottawa Act (1933)
The University has a bicameral system of governance, through which governance is shared by the Council of Administration and the Senate. Saint Paul University works in association with the Congregation of Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
Saint Paul University has been federated with the University of Ottawa since 1965. The two universities are complementary institutions and work closely together. Both institutions’ civil degrees are conferred jointly by their respective Senates. The federation agreement is reviewed periodically to ensure that it reflects the evolution of both universities.